Last updated: 9/11/2020
This notice falls under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who We Are
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Ella Sienna (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at he***@el********.com.
When you visit our website https://ellasienna.com (the “Website“), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services“, which include the Website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously.
In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website), as well as any related services, sales, marketing or events.
What personal data we collect – and why
information submitted by the user
in short: Ella Sienna collects information that you provide. This is to ensure our services run smoothly.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Website, when you purchase a product from us, when you participate in activities on the Website (such as by posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Personal Information Provided by You. We collect names; email addresses; mailing addresses; phone numbers; passwords; contact preferences; contact or authentication data; billing addresses; debit/credit card numbers; and other similar information.
- Contact Forms & Email Marketing: If you contact Ella Sienna, participate in a customer survey or contest, or purchase a Service from Ella Sienna we may keep the following: names; email addresses; support enquiries received by email; responses received to email marketing and surveys; and other similar information. We use this information to faciliate the delivery of our Services and respond to any inquiries.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided at the bottom of this page. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you can contact us at he***@el********.com
- Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Braintree. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://www.braintreepayments.com/gb/legal/braintree-privacy-policy.All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
We ask for consent during the account creation process with a checkbox. A link to this page is provided during this step. This data is stored in the context of:
- User Uploaded Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
information automatically collected
in short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect information data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type of settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Locations settings on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
what are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are widely used by website owners in order to make their website work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Ella Sienna) are called ‘first party cookies’. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called ‘third party cookies’. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (such as advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Website to operate and we refer to these as ‘essential’ or ‘strictly necessary’ cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and understand the interests of our users so that we can enhance the experience on our Website.
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise this right by setting your preferences in the Cookie Consent Manager. The Cookie Consent Manager allows you to select which categories of cookies you accept or reject. Essential cookies cannot be rejected as they are strictly necessary to provide you with services. If you choose to reject cookies, you may still use our website although your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be restricted.
The specific types of cookies served through our Website and the purposes they perform are described below:
- Consent to Cookie Banner: Used to record unique visitor views of the consent banner. Discarded when you close the browser.
performance and functionality cookies
- Function: Analytics. We use Google Analytics (US) to monitor and analyse website traffic. This data is collected by placing a cookie on the user’s browser when they visit the Website, which lets us know how many users are on the website, where thy are from, and which pages they click on. We use the following feature: Demographics and Interests Reporting — insight into the age, gender, and purchase interests of visitors to the Website, which we use to better our improve our Services. You can read more about Google Analytics Terms of Service here. If you do not wish for your data to be collected by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
- Comments: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Logging into an Account: When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Editing the Website: If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Length of data collection
Ella Sienna will keep identifiable data for an undetermined amount of time or until the user asks us delete his data.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Who has access to our data?
Data at Ella Sienna is never sold to any third party.
Ella Sienna staff and contractors have access to users data for the purpose of providing services.
Financial data is encrypted using multiple encryption keys, split knowledge and dual control. It is inaccessible to staff and is not saved on this website.
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
third party services and their location
Ella Sienna relies on third party services to maintain its own services.
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf. We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for new products. This is not considered to be “selling” of your personal data.
- Siteground, Bulgaria;
- Braintree, US;
- PayPal, US;
- Akismet, US;
- Google Analytics, US;
- MailChimp, US;
- The Gravatar, US.
The Website may contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, online services or mobile applications. We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to any third parties.
Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the Website. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
Do we make updates to this notice?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
Your data, your rights
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us;
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes;
- While we will do everything we can to keep our service secure, in the event of a data breach or misuse, we will inform our users of what happened and what we have done to put it right.